Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Oh, the pain...

..that a mom feels as she leaves those precious children in the hands of another on that first day of school. Dramatic? yes, but this has not been easy. My kindergartener absolutely excited about school. He came home yesterday telling me how wonderful it was and how much he loves it. My 5th grader, you know, the usual complaints of all the hard work that he has to do. He's big-he can deal. My 1st grader is in a room with tons of kids-many of them that don't know that you have to stay in your seat, raise your hand, obey the teacher, keep your hands to yourself etc.It is just a little too much for his quiet personality. He must love order way more than I knew. He has been in tears the night before, the morning of, and after school. It is so hard to see him struggle. The only thing I know to do is to keep encouraging him. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

No comments: